Monday, May 12, 2008

I feel so GOOD!

Tonight i was over helping with the kids (they really took care of themselves running around and playing with friends) at Easton's baseball game and Graycie wanted to practice writing while there, so we brought along some paper and markers and we went to the game. (I forgot the markers there. shoot!) We got there and we got the paper and markers out and next thing i know, all of her friends wanted to color too. So i have Graycie, 5 other girls, and Trenton all coloring on the bleachers. About a half hour goes by and this mom who was sitting right next to all of this turns to me and says "Are you a preschool teacher?" And i said "actually, i am!" She goes on to say how a great job i was doing with these kids and how patient i was with them, and how the kids just loved me. This made me feel so good about myself and strengthened my feelings of how much i really want to be a teacher. This woman, who i don't even know, has made me feel so good. She probably didn't realize it, but she totally made my year. I feel better hearing that than how it felt to turn 18! This happened 2 hours ago and i still feel just as happy as if she just said it to me. I don't even know how to say in words how good and excited i feel. I am truly grateful for this woman and her kindness.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so great! I love when stuff like that happens. I hope this feeling of goodness sticks around a good long while. And any kid that has you as a preschool teacher is one lucky kid!

Amy said...

I just want to squeeze your cheeks like a proud lil' grandma would! You ARE amazing with kids, and that IS something to be so incredibly proud of. You rock Mimmie!